A BRITISH backpacker and her Canadian pal died after taking over-the-counter medication when they fell ill in Cambodia, it is reported.
The bodies of Natalie Jade Seymour, 22, from Stotfold, Beds, and her friend Abbey Gail Amisola, 27, from Winnipeg, were found at a hostel in the city of Kampot.
They are believed to have been found in one of the guest house’s dormitories by a member of staff.
Local reports say police in the south east Asian nation are investigating whether the pair took over-the-counter medicines after falling ill.
A spokesperson for the Monkey Republic hostel told the Mail: “It seems they were very close friends who were travelling together. They arrived together and went around together.
“This is now in the hands of the police but there is nothing suspicious about their deaths.
“One of the staff saw them last night and asked if they were going to eat in the restaurant, but they said they weren’t going to be eating.
“They did have a lot of water in their room. Everyone is very upset about it.”
Recent photos from Natalie’s Instagram account showed her travels around south east Asia – with her most recent snap taken on the Cambodian paradise island of Koh Thonsáy.
Pictures of the pair’s passports – which The Sun has chosen not to publish – were uploaded to a backpacker website this morning.
A spokesperson for the Foreign Office confirmed: “We are supporting the family of a British woman who has died in Cambodia, and are in contact with the local authorities investigating her death.”